Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Provide leadership within the Quality Engineering function that enables successful project outcomes by driving inspection optimization opportunities at our suppliers while maintaining high levels of quality and obtaining a cost reduction at the supplier, also focusing on supplier certification of suppliers.
This role is a 23 month contract.
Will work as a senior member within the Inspection optimization Team, Engineering services, responsible for quality engineering activities as applicable, including but not limited to the following:
- Supporting supplier certification and inspection optimisation at suppliers globally.
- Having knowledge of and ability to provide interpretation and guidance on Regulations, Corporate and Site Local procedures as they relate to quality activities such as SICRs, other items as applicable to the process.
- Working with Colleagues at other Stryker/ Supplier sites as required ensuring that changes are processed compliantly.
- Lead for supplier certification.
- Point of contact for supplier inspection optimisation changes.
- Enable successful completion of supplier inspection optimisations.
- Be able to identify risks/gaps and provide solutions to correct.
- Technical Quality Expert that sets quality strategy by utilizing a risk based approach around optimisation.
- Independent Reviewer as required.
- Supports Team Process training an onboarding where required.
- Provides feedback to lessons learnt for each completed assignment.
- Actively seeks out and scopes cost saving supplier optimisation opportunities.
What you need
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering or related subject and 6 years of experience in validation and quality, OR
- Masters of Science, Engineering or related subject with 5 to 7 years of experience in validation OR
- PhD with 2 years of experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding of engineering and Quality fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Concepts and Risk Based Techniques (e.g. FMEA, Risk, Statistics).
- High level of PC skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Lean Six Sigma training a distinct advantage.
- Must be willing to work as part of a multi-site team, be able to travel as part of the job.
- Adaptable to change and self sufficient working style.
- Project Management experience desirable
- Experience working with international multi cultural suppliers advantageous
- Basic understanding of metrology desirable.
Stryker is a global leader in medical technologies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in MedSurg, Neurotechnology, Orthopaedics and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 130 million patients annually. More information is available at stryker.com.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job