At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the jobWhat you need to know about the job
“Customer Zero” is the concept of being your own early customer for your products, using them as an external customer would. Your early adopters should not be the first to stumble on problems in the field.
In HPE’s GreenLake Cloud Services organisation, we have a team dedicated to this function. We work to identify customer personas and use cases, execute those use cases, and provide candid feedback to the development/QA teams on missing features, test escapes, bad customer experience, and defects. This involves building complex customer-like environments (private and public cloud) executing realistic applications, and evaluating an ensemble of HPE services as they interoperate with that environment.
We are looking for a senior technologist who is interested in a different sort of challenge - guiding our design of customer-like environments, and providing insight into how best to emulate our target customers.
Our work involves using the latest technologies – containers, Kubernetes, machine learning, high performance computing, public and private clouds to name a few, and we expect expertise in some of these key areas, and the ability to ramp up quickly on new products and features. It is fun, stretching, and an opportunity to see a wide breadth of technologies and products. It's also an opportunity to influence HPE's products and services in the early stages of our consumable services journey.
You need to be autonomous, curious, and not afraid of breaking things. If that sounds like you, please apply!
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor's or above degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computing, Engineering, Maths or related
- Typically 15+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a complex environment.
- Experience in High Performance Computing would be a plus.
- The ability to debug complex issues.
- Good at collaborating.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent programming and automation skills.
- Understanding/experience of public clouds, VMware.
- Understanding/experience of containers, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Understanding/experience of automation technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Ability to cope with rapid change – ramp up quickly on new topics. Adapt to changes in mission.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE GreenLake (https://www.hpe.com/us/en/greenlake.html) gives customers a public cloud experience with the benefits of on-premises IT. Our organisation develops and operates HPE’s “GreenLake” service portal, and offers a growing range of services to customers. The team is geographically distributed across the US, India and the EU. We use Agile.
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and shared values/ purpose, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job