ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home. We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people.
We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties. We support them through these challenges to help them find long-term solutions.
This role is responsible for ensuring that the training needs of staff and volunteers across ALONE are identified and met in order to support staff and volunteers and to help them perform their duties to the highest standards.
The successful candidate will work with managers across the organisation to identify the skills required for the effective performance of each role and put in place learning activities to develop these skills.
The successful candidate will ensure that training and learning events are measured for effectiveness and will analyse and implement corrective action when required.
Technology will be utilised to deliver training wherever possible consistent with effective delivery.
This role will report directly to the Operations Manager at ALONE
• Develop and maintain a Learning & Development Framework - with support from the Leadership team
• Manage content development, delivery & record-keeping for staff & volunteer training. This includes induction, role-specific, and ad-hoc training – provided internally or sourced externally.
• Build & maintain relationships with external providers
• Line manage the Training Coordinator role that is already in place
• Annually agree on training priorities with Management
• With Managers, identify learning requirements within teams
• Provide information on L&D resources and opportunities to individuals and teams within ALONE as appropriate
• Assess the effectiveness of training & incorporate feedback into a continuous improvement cycle
• Ensure record-keeping re: content, attendance, CPD records, etc. are kept
• Keep up to date with best practices around training development and delivery
• Support Befriending Network Ireland in relation to best practices
• Ensure that all training is delivered within budgetary guidelines.
• Deploy mechanisms for measuring trainee satisfaction and effectiveness of training.
In relation to staff, this role will:
• Support the HR process of Performance Management, i.e. CPD, and encouraging personal responsibility through training & development
Essential skills & experience:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- 3-5 years experience in a leadership training role, preferably with an NGO and/or the aging sector;
- degree level qualification - ideally in a training-related discipline;
- a Train the Trainer qualification;
- experience assessing the various training needs of an organisation and from there developing an appropriate Learning & Development framework right through to implementation and ongoing delivery;
- excellent communication skills and strong organisation skills; and
- be comfortable using MS Office, HR Locker, or other HRIS systems and other similar applications.
The position is an initial 2 year fixed term contract.
We work a 35-hour week. The position will require some travel.
The salary offered for this position will depend on skills and experience.
Please send a cover letter and your CV by clicking Apply Now!
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 7th of May 2021
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.