ALONE is a national organisation that supports and empowers older people to age happily and securely at home.
We support individuals and their families, work with other organisations, and campaign nationwide to improve the lives of older people.
We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties.
We support them through these challenges to help them find long-term solutions.
We currently have a vacancy for a Head of Finance, Legal and Governance to join our team in our Head Office in Dublin 8. The successful candidate will be a member of the ALONE Leadership Team and will be supported by a Finance Manager and the finance team.
- Responsible for the management and monitoring of all financial, legal, and governance activity of the organisation
- Provide strategic input to the ongoing operations and delivery of the strategic goals of the organisation
- Ensure sound financial management and financial controls throughout the organisation
- Produce Monthly Management accounts with analytical review and agreed on KPI for all stakeholders
- Support Leadership to create and deliver Budgets/Forecasts and value for money.
- Complete of regulatory and other governance returns.
- Oversee Legal / governance queries where appropriate
- Develop all reporting and financial processes to ensure best practice
- Maintain/review all balance sheet reconciliations for financial controls
- Enhance and report on Capital investments/Strategy - scenario modeling
- Monitor and report on cash flow,
- working capital initiatives and reconciliations
- Develop financial costing & scenario models to meet business requirements and enhance decision making
- Engage with the external auditors for annual audits and any other reviews.
- To ensure that the finance teams have clarity on their roles, responsibilities, and expectations and to provide them with appropriate, timely, and accurate information, training, and on-going development
- Provide any other duties and/or projects as required.
Essential Skills and Background
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA)
- Experience of working in a Finance Environment with a Leadership/management role.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A proven record of communicating complex financial issues and models in a clear-cut, concise manner to all relevant stakeholders
- Proven analytical and modelling skills, and must be both commercially astute and a confident communicator
- Proven ability to review and challenge assumptions within detailed financial forecasts.
- Detail-oriented with ability to drive process and procedure improvements.
- Ability to use own initiative
- A self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion, and respect is essential.
- Understanding the not-for-profit sector would be beneficial
The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding
We work a minimum 35-hour work-week in a good environment
The position will be remotely based initially and then at our Head Office at Olympic House, Pleasants Street, Dublin 8 after Covid-19 workplace restrictions have been lifted Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in role.
The salary will be dependent on skills and experience and there is 24 days’ annual leave.
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with ALONE, the role, and your availability by clicking Apply Now.
The closing date for applications is 14th May 2021.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 14th of May 2021
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.