Pramerica Systems Ireland has a requirement for an Associate / Mid / Senior Systems Engineer to provide support to Prudential’s Imaging group. The team will be responsible for day to day general production support, end user support with both production issues and queries and supporting the Server group and the Security Administrators on the system. The role of the System Engineer owns the responsibility for managing all monitors within the applications including, but not limited to; creating configuration documentation, implementing simple changes, providing guidance and recommendations to the business partners on changes and the implementation of new functionality, providing Tier 2 / 3 support to the end users and other departments as needed, the identification and resolution of bugs & participation within an on-call 24*7 support model. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the relevant applications and become a subject matter expert (SME) in their discipline. The successful candidate must be capable of working independently or as part of a team, possess excellent communication skills and can work proactively.The System Engineer team operates Monday to Saturday core hours of 10am to 10pm GMT. You may be required to assist the technical helpdesk when the business requires.
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the day to day general production support, End user support with both production issues and queries and supporting the GBTS Server group and the Security Administrators on the system
- Monitoring of alerts sent by Splunk. Investigate and determine if an issue. Engage correct resources to solve issues
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on the system
- Provide tier 2 / 3 technical support to the end user and other departments as needed, such as testers and developers
- Manage requests for enhancements including identifying, testing and implementing enhancement
- Participating in vendor information sessions to learn about product enhancements and changes
- Coordinate and draft for distribution any communication updates needed about supported systems to the relevant parties
- Monitor and participate in support forums and user groups to identify potential issues
- Maintain a strong business and technology understanding and awareness of trends, opportunities and issues as related to applicant tracking system
- Other duties as required by the business
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience supporting EMC Captiva InputAccel and Unisys InfoImage (EMC – Enterprise Content Manager)
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of HTML & SQL would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Web services
- Experience with Splunk application would be beneficial.
- Excellent escalation skills, both internal and external (vendors)
- Experience working within customer care, effective problem solving.
- Refined communication skills with the ability and poise to speak to all levels of the organization
- Helpdesk experience working in a technical support role Tier 1 and Tier Two
- Degree or Certificate in I.T. or related discipline is preferred
- Proven strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff across numerous areas
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities with little supervision
- Must be able to remain focused and deliverable-oriented while working independently
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Ability to highlight and communicate the key components in a particular area
- Ability to identify and provide training for the team on a gap analysis basis
- Ability to lead, coordinate and manage projects
- Suggest and implement Process Improvements and Innovations
- Consistent problem-solving ability with acute attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate initiative, creativity and analysis skills
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Donegal!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job