GET TO KNOW US:
Michael David Kors is an American fashion designer. He is the honorary chairman and chief creative officer of his brand, Michael Kors, which sells men's and women's and ready-to-wear, accessories, watches, jewelry, footwear and fragrance
KNOW THE ROLE:
Michael Kors in our Brown Thomas Cork store are currently looking for a Shop Manager to join their team on a full-time temporary basis (fixed term contract).
Responsible for the management of the Michael Kors wholesale shop-in-shop within assigned department store (retail partner), SIS staff, merchandise and customer service. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Achieving and exceeding sales plans, driving full price sales, conducting trainings, and maintaining visual merchandising standards in the Michael Kors shop-in-shop. Ensure the support and partnership of retail partners’ associates for the benefit of the Michael Kors shop-in-shop business.
The Shop Manager will work with the District Manager to analyze the business through specific, measurable, achievable and realistic processes.
KNOW WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Sales Generation :
- Meet and exceed shop-in-shop sales goals through effective application of Michael Kors’ selling service strategies and techniques
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and ownership of the business by tracking daily, weekly, and monthly sales to determine needs of business and set business strategy
- Set individual sales goals for sales associates, ensuring goals reflect SIS business goals where appropriate
- Motivate sales associates to meet and exceed sales and productivity goals, ensure they are fluent in all aspects of the business
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Collaborate with the DM and wholesale marketing to identify marketing opportunities to support sales
- Develop events/incentives that will continue to grow the customer base
- Identify and communicate product and inventory needs in a timely manner
Training and Visual Merchandising:
- Implement and maintain all visual merchandising standards as directed in the Visual Merchandising guideline
- Conduct seasonal product knowledge training
- Educate retail partner sales associates on MK service techniques
- Manage and conduct weekly/monthly/seasonal trainings with retail partners’ sales manager, selling specialist and associates
- Continually evaluate the performance and development of team members and provide constant feedback to ensure positive results
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
- Engage every customer within the shop-in-shop by utilizing Michael Kors’ selling service strategies and techniques
- Drive sales through utilizing a clientele book and developing a personal client database
- Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
- Manage all special events inclusive of collection previews, client events, sale events and dept store events, etc
- Empower sales associates to make decisions in the customer’s best interest that also support the Company’s philosophy
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image, and adhered to at all times
- Ensure shop-in-shop and stock room maintenance, presentation, and organization issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Work with retail partner to ensure all visual graphics are current
- Work with retail partner to confirm deliveries are properly processed and on the selling floor in a timely manner
- Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office, regional office and DS
- Partners with internal colleagues to address business challenges and understands the need to work well with others to beat the competition.
- Adapts communication style, tools and approach to meet the needs of different audiences and levels in the organization.
- Provides growth opportunities, feedback and coaching to develop employees.
- Leads self and others in setting and attaining stretch goals within a continually evolving environment.
- Makes things happen for the business using out-of-the box thinking and a willingness to take risks. Continually looks for ways to innovate or take existing products, processes and services to a new level.
- Applies up-to-date professional and technical knowledge and expertise to business problems.
Hire & Staff:
- Identifies, selects and on-boards talent that meets business needs and embraces the MK culture.
- Retail management experience
- Good command of the English language
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, organizational and supervisory skills
- Strong fashion sense
- Exhibit proficiency in computer programs used by the company including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, etc.
- General knowledge of Retail Math and reporting
- Flexible to work the hours in line with stores needs
- Must have home office (computer w/ printer, fax, camera, etc)
- Must have smartphone to access work email
KNOW HOW WE WORK:
Doing the right thing: We act with authenticity, honesty and integrity in everything we do.
Drive creativity: Encouraging working environments where everyone can use their creativity to drive the business forward in an ever changing Retail environment.
Inspiring the Customer: Our teams are passionate about creating an authentic and unique experience for all our customers.
Winning Together: Brown Thomas and Arnotts prides itself on working as one business and two brands. We share our knowledge and support others to be successful in achieving individual and company goals.
Performing with Pride: We deliver results and celebrate success.
Back Share Apply Now
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!