Contract Type: Various
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Psychologist based at our Enable Ireland Wicklow Children’s Service in Marino Centre, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
1 x Part Time (.6wte) Permanent Contract (22.2 hours per week)
1 x Part Time (.7wte) Specified Purpose Contract (25.9 hours per week)
Location CDNT 5 North Wicklow Bray
To work as a senior member of the interdisciplinary team providing psychology services to children and families referred to Enable Ireland Wicklow Services, to include assessment and intervention, clinical and performance supervision and ongoing service delivery.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities: See Job Description
The successful candidate must have:
Essential Criteria (Qualifications & Experience):
Applicants must have a recognised university degree or diploma (QQ1 level 8 equivalent) obtained with 1st or 2nd class honours in which Psychology was taken as a major subject and honours obtained in that subject AND a recognised post-graduate professional qualification in clinical, counselling or educational psychology or an equivalent qualification validated by the Department of Health (PSI).
Applicants must have at least five years satisfactory post-graduate experience in the area of professional psychology, no more than three years of which was spent in gaining the post-graduate professional qualification and no less than two years full-time spent in post qualification experience as a professional psychologist. Years in excess of the permitted three years for completion of the post-graduate training or time not worked will not be taken into consideration when assessing the five years’ experience requirement.
Applicants with a clinical or counselling psychology qualification must demonstrate that they have acquired in appropriate health settings, for the areas for which they wish to apply – Disability (Child and Adult), Child Psychology, Adult Psychology either at least 60 days or equivalent supervised clinical placements as part of the professional qualification or at least 60 days or equivalent post qualification supervised work experience as a psychologist.
Previous psychology experience working with children with a range of disabilities including physical, sensory, intellectual and autism spectrum disorder.
Full clean driving license and access to own car transport.
Desirable Criteria (Qualifications & Experience):
- Specific training and experience in assessment of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Experience in assessment of children who have a physical and/or sensory disability and/or intellectual disability.
- Experience of supporting children/young persons with life limiting conditions.
- Experience of working with children/young people, and carers in the management of behaviours that challenge.
- Previous experience in a senior post.
- Experience of completing assessments under the AON process.
(In the event of a high volume of applicants, we may apply the Desirable Criteria)
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
To apply please download the job description/person specification and application form below and forward completed applications to Christina Golden, Centre Administrator email@example.com
Please indicate post you are applying for in the Subject Line
Closing date for applications Wednesday 23rd June 2021 @ 12.00 noon
Interview Date Friday 2nd July 2021
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment
Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with: 1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview; and (2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Wicklow!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job