At Amazon, we are obsessed with customer trust. Information Security enables Amazon business leaders to securely develop and operate to maintain Customer Trust by guarding the confidentiality and integrity of Amazon and customer data.
Our teams span over ten countries worldwide, and our focus areas include security intelligence, application security, incident response, security operations, risk and compliance, acquisitions and subsidiaries, and external partner security. Our mission includes instilling awareness to safeguard all customer and employee data, applications, services, and assets. To accomplish this, we unite with Amazon organizations to build security best practices into enterprise-wide systems. Our guidance and leadership equip our partners to maintain high-security standards. This team dives deep into security technologies and continuously raises the security bar across Amazon’s Consumer, Digital and Other (CDO) by tackling complex engineering problems that require widespread support and multi-year execution plans.
As a Senior Systems Development Engineer you will be responsible for creating clever solutions to help us get better at rapidly identifying underlying root causes and helping create automatic mechanisms for identifying and finding new ways to do things better/faster/more efficiently and guiding our team's technical strategies, vision, and architecture.
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented systems engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving security improvements for all of Amazon. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent and 6+ years relevant experience
· 3+ years of experience in Systems Administration, Network Administration, AWS Cloud App development, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
· 3+ years of proven operating systems knowledge Linux/Unix
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Python, including object-oriented design
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· IT Security and data encryption fundamentals
· Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix
· Clear communication and mentoring skills
· Excellent documentation, work prioritization and analytical skills
· Energy and passion to invent and create new solutions, challenge the status quo and drive positive change
Note: A strong candidate doesn’t have to be an expert in all of these areas but must have an excellent grasp of 2-3 key areas and foundation and interest in others.
· Experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
· Experience specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools
· Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
· Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems
· Experience conducting efficiency and duplication analysis across large organizations
· Experience leading and refining design and architecture documents presented by partner teams for operational readiness, fault tolerance and scalability
· Experience improving team development and planning processes
· Experience advising leadership on strategic product goals
· Experience developing or furthering existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
· Ability to adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
· Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
· Experience with very large distributed systems such as large scale distributed database systems, storage farms, and/or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
· Experience with hardware load balancer administration, network optimization, or other related and demonstrable TCP-level experience
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job