Social Care Workers Full time – Required Nationwide
Positive Care are currently recruiting for Full time Social Care Workers with a minimum of one year’s experience in Residential Care.
Further enquiries can be emailed to recruitment@ positivecare.ie
Position Title: Social Care Worker
Reports to: Unit Manager / Deputy Manager / CCL as required
Salary: € Competitive
The Social Care Worker will act as the support and care worker to young people referred to the house. He / she
will contribute to an assessment of needs, thereafter implementing aspects of Placement, Behaviour Support
(BSP), and Individual Crisis Management (ICMP) Plans that will help meet assessed needs. He / she will use the
Positive Care Model of Care to teach new skills to young people and manage challenging behaviour. He / she will
undertake appropriate actions to connect the young person with local resources. He / she will network with local providers and liaise closely with parents / carers, and referral agencies. This post will involve evening, weekend
and residential shift working arrangements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute to an assessment and behaviour management plan for children and young people referred to
the house, including developing and implementing Behaviour Support Plans (BSP), Individual Crisis
Management Plans (ICMP) and Placement Plans in line with Care Plans.
2. Teach young people who are not engaged in school outside the house, in both 1:1, and groups, following
the individual educational plans developed for each young person.
3. Help young people who are engaged in school to complete their homework, assignments and any other
requirements of their school attendance.
4. Participate in planned and responsive residential care designed to help meet assessed needs as defined
in the young person’s Care and Placement Plans. Care for the young person following the BSP, Daily
Plans and the ICMP developed for each young person from the Placement Plan.
5. Document the progress of the young person involved using the systems developed by Positive Care.
6. Liaise with supervisors, consultants, professionals, parents / carers and referral agents as required.
7. Ensure that each young person, and their parent / carer if appropriate, receives the agreed quality and
8. Assist in conducting consumer evaluation of the House, and receiving complaints and compliments re.
the services, with / from children, young people, parents / carers, communities and referral agents as
9. Attend mandatory Company training time / days.
10. Attend training as defined by your individual training plan.
11. Implement, and contribute to the amendment of the policies and procedures of Positive Care.
12. Attend team meetings and contribute to the formation and implementation of policies and strategic
planning of Positive Care as required.
13. Implement the Health and Safety Policy and associated Risk Assessment processes for young people
cared for in the house and for the environment inside and outside the house.
14. Support relief staff and trainees working in the House.
15. Contribute to the induction and ongoing training of all relief workers, trainees, support staff, and new
16. Based on his / her capabilities, additional Shift-leading Duties may be assigned by the Unit Manager, to
designated Social Care Worker, on each shift.
17. Be pro-active in developing team cohesion with the creation of a positive atmosphere and contribute to
team building exercises that build team confidence and morale.
18. Undertake all administrative functions necessary for the smooth running of the team functioning.
19. Ensure that all files and client recordings are completed on his / her designated shift on a daily basis.
20. Following the MDSP, send all relevant reports (including complaints, incidents, accidents, & monthly
reports) to the referring social worker
21. Adhere to all financial management systems and make sure petty cash is reconciled and signed off at the
end of each designated shift
22. Take part in the tasks which make the house a home, routinely cooking, cleaning (the house, grounds,
vehicles, etc.) and carrying out basic repairs within the designated time scales and according to the
routines of the house
23. In the absence of a Childcare Leader, undertake the duties and designated responsibilities of the Child
Care Leader in his / her absence.
24. Make use of and encourage “whistleblowing”, according to the whistleblowing policy.
25. At all times maintain confidentiality in regard to the children in our care, staffing matters, financial
matters and any other matters internal to the company.
26. Take responsibility at all times for the wellbeing of the Company, putting it before personal, financial or
27. Any other duties, within the competence of the postholder, that may be required, reasonably, from time
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
Degree in Youth and Community Work; Social Care; Applied Social Studies; Applied Social Studies in
Social Care; Addiction Studies ; Social Care Practice; Nursing; Psychiatric Nursing; Psychology; Physical
and Health Education; Counselling and Psychotherapy OR a MA or MSc: in any of the above; Social Work.
OR a HDip Education along with a Bachelor’s degree.
A full, clean, manual driving license, valid in Ireland
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Knowledge of the key elements of effective team working
Knowledge of the Irish National Standards in Children’s Residential Centres
Experience of working with teenagers with challenging behaviour.