Overstock Ireland is based in the beautiful Co. Sligo and is the European software development centre for Overstock.com, a technology driven online retailer and through it's subsidiary Medici Ventures a blockchain accelerator. We strive to offer a diverse and challenging career path using the latest technologies and platforms coupled with a great life/work balance in a cost effective location on the Wild Atlantic Way.
An amazing opportunity has become available on our leadership team in Overstock Ireland. As Development Manager you will be responsible for working daily with development team leads on building high performance software development teams, guiding teams towards successful delivery on their projects and effective communication with other technical and product stakeholders. This an opportunity to lead from the front, working with emerging technologies and mentor a talented team of developers and automation engineers.
What You will Do
- Working daily with development team leads on building high performance software development teams
- Lead by example and build trust and respect from direct reports
- Provide technical and people leadership in addition to mentoring when needed.
- Help define culture of the team aligned with office culture and core values
- Work closely with the HR and recruitment team to help build new teams or augment existing teams
- Working closely with Development Team leads on team member performance and career development
- Guiding teams towards successful delivery on their projects
- Lead multiple teams working on significant and critical projects.
- Establish feedback cycles and processes for teams and stakeholders, to help navigate complex product developments.
- Awareness of technical debt across owned products and works to keep to a stable minimum
- Assist and contribute to the architecture and design of applications across multiple applications and business systems.
- Analyse and evaluate technical risks within the scope of a project and make judicious recommendations to pre-empt or minimise risk
- Great attitude in high pressure situations with ability to negotiate and influence effective outcomes and drive results
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to influence project managers to deliver milestones on schedule and with high standards of quality
- Effective communication with other technical and product stakeholders
- Work closely with key stakeholders/business to remove business related impediments to ensure teams are working optimally.
- Build strong relationships with other development managers, product management and business stakeholders
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- Proven experience in a leadership role in software development
- Proven experience in successfully delivering business value with software solutions
What We Value:
- Life/Work Balance
- Pride in Production
- Challenge yourself, inspire others
- Success through diversity
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, religion and membership of the Traveller community, (protected characteristics under the Employment Equality Acts 1998-2011).
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Sligo!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job