Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Stryker is hiring a permanent Staff Design Quality Engineer to be located in Cork, Ireland.
Who we want:
Patient-oriented achievers. Engineers with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Collaborative partners. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections, listen to others’ ideas, and work together to move the business forward.
Creative problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and drive improvements to prevent future issues.
What you will do:
As a Staff Design Quality Engineer, you will have the opportunity to bring high-quality products to market in the highly dynamic and fast-growing Sports Medicine market. If you are someone who enjoys interfacing with customers and the clinical setting, this role will enable you to partner with clinicians and marketing to identify opportunities and ensure next-generation products address customer issues. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to ensure new products are launched with excellent quality performance.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional new product development teams (design engineers, manufacturing, suppliers, regulatory, marketing, clinicians, etc) to bring innovative products to market
- You will lead design validation activities to ensure user needs have been met and product usability is ensured
- You will manage risk management activities (per ISO14971) throughout the design and development process
- You will identify Critical Quality Attributes, and develop effective steps to ensure they are controlled (through inspection, process selection, etc.)
- You will perform human factors assessments and take steps to address usability concerns
- You will visit clinical facilities and health care providers (HCP) to gather use data to further develop and improve clinical knowledge, use cases, and potential applications for medical devices
- You will help plan and monitor initial customer launch, reviewing feedback for product quality issues
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 4+ years of quality and/or engineering experience
- Blueprint/engineering schematic reading and interpretation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job