Contract Type: Permanent full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse/RGN/RNID based at our Enable Ireland Adult Respite House in Wicklow.
The post holder will work as part of a dedicated and innovative team in a community based house providing respite breaks for adults with physical disabilities, and/or sensory or mild to moderate Intellectual disabilities within a quality framework to include assessment, planning, intervention, and ongoing delivery of nursing services.
This is a permanent, full-time contract working 39 hours per week.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities:
- To deliver a high standard nursing care to an assigned group of service users within a best practice/evidence based framework.
- To have the ability to assess/care for adults primary physical disability +/- mild to moderate intellectual disability they may also have mild to moderate medical conditions such as epilepsy, respiratory difficulties, tracheotomies, diabetes, enteral feeding or life limiting illness.
- To promote and deliver services within the ethos and philosophy of Enable Ireland.
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognised validated University Degree or an equivalent qualification in General or Intellectual Disability Nursing.
- Must be registered with the NMBI.
- Eligible to work in the state.
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities, (physical disability, autism, learning disability) and their families.
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
To apply please download application form, job description and application form below and forward completed applications by email to Alexandra Bayles at firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively please contact Alexandra Bayles by phone (01 2615944 to obtain an application form and details on how to apply.
Closing date for applications: 4th June 2021
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment
Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with: 1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview; and 2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Wicklow!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job