Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Permanent hybrid role based in Carrigtwohill, Cork
Stryker Instrument’s Interventional Spine Business (IVS) is a rapidly growing team that specializes in partnering with our Interventional Radiologist customers to develop innovative new products. Our team is expanding globally, and we are looking for a dynamic technical leader to spearhead the engineering team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to mentor a team of talented engineers, influence business decisions and strategy, and to deliver amazing new products to the market. We’re looking forward to your application!
What you will do:
• Lead research, design, development, modification and evaluation of modules, assemblies, or subsystems
• Apply and mentor others on advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts
• Translate user needs to design inputs/ specifications and produce complex system level designs independently
• Conduct, design, and select advanced prototyping and testing
• Lead and guide in correction of complex product design issues
• Conduct technology exploration and influence application in the business
• Develop invention disclosures, patents or trade secrets
• Contribute to competitive and market strategy by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of the market, customer dynamics and competitive offerings
• Apply strong understanding of clinical procedures to enhance product development
• Contribute and execute customer facing activities like voice of customer and customer centric design in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrate financial acumen
Med Device Compliance:
• Mentor others as a business unit expert on the usage of industry standards, including design requirements and test strategies per applicable regulations
• Lead others to create and refine engineering documentation, such as the Design History file and create more progressive technical content
• Contribute to R&D procedures and development of industry standards working closely with cross-functional business units
• Work cooperatively with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success
• Identify and lead the creation of or improvements to procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology required
• Develop, Research, Prototype, leveraging multiple methodologies for evaluation
• Contribute to complex product development through release and lead one technical area of expertise
• Hold self and others accountable to deliver high quality results with passion, energy and drive to meet business priorities
• Mentor, develop and inspire others in current and future roles
• Collaborate and influence others on cross functional teams advancing partnerships to achieve business objectives
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or BioMedical & 6+ years of work experience
Preferred Qualifications (Strongly desired):
• Experience in developing and optimizing complex designs for mechanical / electro-mechanical assemblies incorporating DFM principles
• Experience in creating engineering drawings, models, applying GD&T and CAE tools to optimize the design
• In-depth knowledge of materials, manufacturing and processing methods and technologies to support complex product development
• Ability to communicate complex plans and technical information to team members
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job