Croft Communities provide residential support to adults with learning disabilities. The Support Worker is part of the Croft Communities team and the main purpose of their role is to provide care to the service users to enable them to live happy and fulfilled lives reaching their full potential within their local community.
The Support Worker would assist service users with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities.
The role requires participation in the delivery of person-centred care, including personal care and promotion of a team approach at all times with positive and constructive working relationships for the benefit of the service user.
Support Workers are required to work flexibly and be available to work unsocial hours and public holidays on a rotational basis.
Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: £9.05 per hour
Location: Mayne House, 71 Bloomfield Rd, Bangor BT20 4UR
- Demonstrable evidence of 6 months experience in a caring and supportive role.
- Effective Numeracy & Literacy
- Working knowledge of learning disability
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Committed to ensuring the provision of quality person centred services.
- Awareness of importance of promoting social inclusion for service users
- Understand the relevance of empowering people and promoting independence
- Appreciates the importance of respecting others and delivering excellent services
- Knowledge of RQIA
- Able to work days, evenings, night duty and weekends on a rota basis
Expected Interview Date: TBC
Apply online at:
CROFT COMMUNITIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 12th of August 2021
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Down!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job