This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
An opportunity has opened for a Team Leader in Manufacturing at our Castlebar plant. In this role you will work closely with Production, Engineer and Quality teams as well as other departments on site.
What you will be do:
- Produce batches per production plan
- Ensure safety of team during shift
- Perform routine quality checks on the product, perform material changes and taking product samples as specified
- Control and record detailed data collection using batch paperwork and interpret trend data
- Maintain updated and review the production documentation daily
- Ensure swift resolution of manufacturing issues - Timely escalation of issues is expected.
- Proactively identify improvements and see resolution through to closure
- use lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools to actively support process improvements initiatives
- Actively participate and lead manufacturing tier boards and update visual management boards
- Plan and execute training activities for team members on the production processes using various techniques to ensure competency
- Manage sickness and holiday and where required
- Ensure to adhere to company rules and work ethics
- Ensures company brand materials and physical working spaces meet and exceed company presentation standards
- To set up the manufacturing process for the relevant product code according to the batch instructions and router documentation
- To perform the handover with the previous and following shift to ensure an effective communication within the teams
- Carry out raw material handling as per procedures
- Perform material changes following safety procedures
- Ensure that all sanitisation procedures are performed on the process equipment at the pre-determined times
- To perform regular safety checks on machine and equipment prior to use for production
Your skills and experience
- Strong technical skills ideally a 3rd level degree or apprenticeship within technical subject
- Extensive knowledge of GMP and EHS regulations
- Understanding and experience of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Experience working with automated systems
- Team Leader experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead a high performing team
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and at all levels
Some of the benefits of working for Baxter:
- Annual Bonus
- Health Insurance
- 20 Days Holidays plus public holidays
- Life Assurance
We are looking for candidates for Weekend night shifts
This position is offered at a 12 month contract basis
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.046495
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Mayo!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job