TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
What your background should look like:
JOB TITLE: Team Lead
The primary focus of this role is to provide immediate support to Product Builders on the line ensuring that product is built as per production plans and in line with our Quality Policy.
- Drive compliance in the work area in line with H&S, GDP, GMP and Quality requirements.
- Ensuring that there is good housekeeping in relevant cells.
- Ensuring that resources are available for the team to produce Quality and on-time, products and/or services.
- Fully utilise the performance of the work area, through a clear understanding of all the process steps and harnessing of the product builder inputs.
- Coach and support the team members to ensure that they are capable of achieving targets both in terms of quality and output. That there is a clear understanding of expectation and that any issues they may have are dealt with proactively.
- Support / drive continuous improvements in the work area, through problem solving, daily team meetings, focusing on issues and problems that impact production.
- Seeking help for the team from support staff when problems cannot be solved within the team e.g. Group Leader, Quality, Engineering, and Supply Chain etc.
- Support & identify any updates to work standards as necessary for changes or improvements that take place.
- Ensure that a training / cross training plan developed and maintained to ensure flexibility and full process cover.
- Make certain that operators do their jobs according to standard work, and ensure that the lines are balanced to attain required levels of performance.
- Ensure that any absenteeism or performance issues are dealt with or highlighted in a timely manner.
- Report All HR issues to the Group Leader immediately
- Perform cycle counting of relevant WIP/materials within the area.
- Perform T&A for direct reports.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Experience in leading a team in the work place or other relevant areas.
- Experience in using the SAP ERP system is essential.
- Minimum of Leaving Certificate required or equivalent.
- An attitude of compliance to standard work procedures.
- Ability to learn a wide range of processing steps. The team leader will be expected to be trained and capable of performing all cell tasks.
- A willingness and desire to lead a team.
- A continuous improvement attitude. The team leader will be expected to constantly analyse the work of the area, looking for ways to combine, rearrange and simplify tasks.
- Ability to train others
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask is essential
- Must be proficient in word, excel and outlook.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups