Youth Advocate Programmes Ireland provides intensive, needs led support services that work to improve the lives of young people and their families in their community:
The Team Leader will manage the provision of direct services to clients and their families who are referred to the programme. You will manage a team of direct service staff (Advocates) and ensure that all clients receive an appropriate and high-quality service.
Successful Candidates will have a Degree in Social Care or similar field; have at least 3 years of direct work with children and at least 2 years’ experience of managing and supervising staff/ volunteers in the social care sector.
This is a full-time locum position.
Responsible to: Service Manager
This post requires: a belief in the YAP model of strengths based, needs led services for children, young people and families. You must have experience in the provision and management of direct services to children, young people and families. You will lead in the recruitment, training, management and supervision of staff/advocates; provide high quality services to children, young people and families using the strengths based model and operate within YAP Ireland policies and procedures. This post also requires a high degree of flexibility and creativity in responding to the needs of young people and families, delivering a high standard of service in a changing climate, working time and the requirement for national travel.
A Degree in the social care field eg. Youth Work, Community Work, Psychology, Child Psychology, Social Work, Social Science, and Social Care
Experience of at least three years of direct work with children, young people and families.
Experience of at least two years in managing and supervising staff/volunteers in delivering client centred services.
Full Clean Driver’s Licence and access to own transport
Demonstrated excellent communications skills, both oral and written, including computer proficiency in use of Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel etc.
2. Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Team Leader is responsible to the Service Manager in the overall delivery of YAP programmes. This includes the provision of direct services to children, young people and families, personnel management and budget management of YAP Programmes.
Specific Tasks Include:
1. To provide a direct service to clients and their families in line with the YAP Model (See flow chart)
2. To manage the provision of direct services to clients and their families who are referred to the programme.
3. To recruit and train a team of staff/advocates for the YAP programmes in line with best practice and YAP Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures.
4. To manage and supervise a team of staff/advocates in the delivery of high quality services to clients and their families including induction, probation and managing HR issues in line with YAP Ireland HR policies and procedures.
5. Ensure quality case recording is carried out in a timely manner in line with case management guidance and policies.
6. To manage child protection referrals and incidents and act as a designated officer in line with Children’s First Guidelines.
7. To ensure that the service is delivered in line with the YAP Model and values with a focus on outcomes and positive change for clients and their families.
8. To agree and sign off payroll on a weekly basis and manage spend on each case in line with the budget.
9. To ensure all necessary reporting requirements are delivered in a timely fashion including HR, Research, statistics, financial reports etc.,
10. Ensure that best practice guidelines are adhered to by all staff including Children First guidelines, legislative requirements etc.,
11. To work with young people and families to increase their voice in the service and in external services by facilitating training, groups, activities and participation sessions as required.
12. Facilitate and participate in staff/advocate team meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
13. To assist in the growth and development of YAP Ireland Programmes and Services through piloting services and initiating services in new areas.
14. Assist in the achievement of fundraising and communication strategies
15. Adhere to all YAP Ireland HR policies and procedures, including Health And Safety Policy, Code of Conduct, Child Protection, Complaints, Performance Management.
16. Perform other duties as required by Senior Managers.
Team Leader Person Specification
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please fill out the online application form by hitting the APPLY NOW button.
Please select the Job Reference code MTTL0220 in the Position Applied For dropdown menu.
Closing date for receipt of application forms is: Sunday 23rd February 2020.
Interviews will take place on: Thursday 12th March 2020
Please Note: If you are selected for interview you will need to be available on this date to attend interview in YAP Head Office Dublin.
Only completed applications will be accepted, CV’s will NOT be accepted.
The closing date for applications is Sunday the 23rd of February 2020
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.