Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Diabetes Care Division Donegal
The Abbott Diabetes Care division based in Donegal Town manufactures FreeStyle blood glucose test strips and FreeStyle Sensors for use in diabetes management. Among Abbott Diabetes Care leading brands are the FreeStyle Precision, FreeStyle Lite and FreeStyle Libre system.
- Plan, implement and lead complex Technical projects including validation and design verification activities and product/process improvements supporting Freestyle Lite test strips.
- Follow change control processes to update device master records, providing technical input and justification for proposed changes.
- Coordinate and contribute to the design of SOPs, test methods, protocols, specifications and validation documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Execute experiments; participates in experimental design and utilizes DOE where appropriate. Planning, executing and documenting technical experiments, trials / characterization studies.
- Perform data analysis and communication of conclusions through presentations and reports to internal and external parties.
- Lead the planning and execution of raw material, components, and vendor qualification or alternate supplier analytical qualification studies.
- Seek opportunities for significant, process or product yield and performance improvements; considering CQAs, critical process parameters, and product performance characteristics.
- Develop and maintain project timelines and provide updates and feedback to leadership.
- Ensures prompt attention of the Technical Lead areas of risk, which might have an adverse effect on product and/or safety.
- Analysing data, trending (including SPC) and reporting of product performance and other business measures.
- Ability to interpret data, discuss findings and resolve complex analytical problems.
- Recognize adverse trends and emerging issues. Propose and implement solutions to internal and external issues.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- A Master of Science degree or higher in a relevant Chemistry, Physics or Life Science discipline.
- 3 to 5yrs work experience in the medical device company or similar
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices, cGMP practices, USP methodology, FDA, ICH, OSHA, and IVDR regulations, and MSDSs
- Self-motivated and significant project experience with an ability to influence others are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to fully realize improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, problem solving teams etc.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com or https://www.ie.abbott/, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Donegal!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job