Reporting to the Appropriate Designated Manager within Technology Office.
The post holder will also participate on a number of eHealth teams and may be required to lead teams.
Direct reports may include a number of staff at Grade III to Grade VI level including technical specialists.
Purpose of the Post
A panel will be created for Grade VII ICT Technology Portfolio Support Manager in eHealth from which permanent and specified purpose vacancies of full or part time duration may be filled to support the Technology Office in managing systems / technology used to provide and monitor and manage end user client and server infrastructure, communication technology and application environments in the HSE. Due to the nature of the role these posts may be location specific.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties & Responsibilities include: -
- To work with the Head of Portfolio Management to ensure support for the Technology office organisational design parameters and the evolving structures where consistency, efficacy, and best fit will be applied to delivery of the Technology Office workings. This includes a number of National, cross functional programmes of work e.g. Estate Lifecycle Management; Frameworks and Procurement; Capacity and Resource Planning; Compliance and Reporting services.
- To manage delivery and service levels from external suppliers and software companies as required.
- To develop strong business relationships with key service leads in the area for which the person has responsibility.
- To participate on the procurement and management of any services required by the HSE Technology function.
- Demonstrate pro-active commitment to all communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- To manage the interface with the Technology Office SMT and the various services within eHealth with a view to facilitating good communication and understanding of the respective roles.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate internal communication channels to and from staff including those working in the wider HSE and partners in care.
- To manage the interface between the Portfolio Office and the Technology Office team and to ensure provision of a high level of technical administrative support as required.
Human Resources / Supervision of Staff
- Review the conduct and completion of assignments of other staff in accordance with the operational plan and expected quality standards.
- Create and maintain a positive working environment among staff members, which contributes to maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships.
Standards, regulations, policies, procedures & legislation
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures for own area
- Effectively discharge the day to day operations, including compliance with HSE Financial regulations and all HSE policies and procedures
- Assess and analyse compliance with National and EU legislative obligations, and national policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate attention to detail and consistent adherence to procedures and current standards within area of responsibility
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and practices to perform the role effectively and to ensure standards are met by own team
Maintain own knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation e.g. HSE Financial Regulations, Health & Safety legislation, Employment legislation, FOI Acts etc
- Pursue continuous professional development in order to develop management expertise and professional knowledge
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
· To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must demonstrate all of the criteria listed below, as relevant to the role:
· Significant experience in the technology areas of Infrastructure and/or Network and Communication Technologies.
· Experience in one of the following:
o Operational Delivery of IT services.
o Technology Portfolio Management.
o Technology Financial Management.
o Technology Procurement (ideally public procurement).
· Experience in working on ICT projects which has involved multidisciplinary and multiagency teams.
· Experience of managing and working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders as relevant to this role.
Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and of administrative capacity) for the proper discharge of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Other requirements specific to the post
- Access to appropriate transport to fulfil the requirements of the role as this post will involve travel.
- Flexibility, as some out of hours working may be required
Skills, competencies and/or knowledge
Professional Knowledge & Experience
· Good understanding of all aspects of Technology Management in a Healthcare organisation (both policy and operational), preferably in a managerial capacity.
· Detailed knowledge of the issues, developments and current thinking in relation to best practice in health and personal social care technologies.
· Understanding of Public Sector Policy, both strategies e.g. SláinteCare Strategy, Healthy Ireland Outcomes, Project Ireland 2040, and operational reform e.g. Knowledge & Information Plan
· Knowledge of public service policies and legislation e.g. Procurement, Data Protection,
· Knowledge and experience in the areas of development, implementation and support of Infrastructure/Network and Communication solutions in a Health Service environment and the specifics involved in ICT programme implementation in that environment.
· Knowledge and experience of Technology Portfolio management in an enterprise organisation with complex, inter-connected technology delivery programmes.
· Experience of building and maintaining relationships with vendors, resellers and suppliers.
· Knowledge of the health service including a good knowledge of HSE reform.
· Strong ICT skills including MS Office & MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, and use of email.
Communications & Interpersonal Skills
· Effective verbal communication skills, delivering complex information clearly, concisely and confidently.
· Excellent written communication skills including strong report writing and presentation skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
Planning & Organising and Delivery of Results
· The ability to successfully manage a range of different projects and work activities concurrently, utilising computer technology effectively and assigning work to others as appropriate to meet strict deadlines.
· The ability to proactively identify areas for improvement and to develop practical solutions for their implementation.
· The ability to embrace change and adapt local work practices accordingly by finding practical ways to make policies work, ensuring the team knows how to action changes.
· The ability to use resources effectively, challenging processes to improve efficiencies where appropriate.
Evaluating Information, Problem Solving & Decision Making
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
· The ability to quickly grasp and understand complex issues and the impact on service delivery.
· The ability to confidently explain the rationale behind decision when faced with opposition.
· Ability to make sound decisions with a well-reasoned rationale and to stand by these.
· Initiative in the resolution of complex issues.
Building and Maintaining Relationships including Teamwork & Leadership Skills
· The ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders and to achieve results through collaborative working.
· The ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team and multi stakeholder environment.
· The ability to lead the team by example, coaching and supporting individuals as required.
· Flexibility, adaptability and openness to working effectively in a changing environment.
Commitment to a Quality Service
· Evidence of incorporating the needs of the service user into service delivery.
· Evidence of practicing and promoting a strong focus on delivering high quality customer service for internal and external customers.
· Commitment to developing own knowledge and expertise.
· Evidence of setting high standards of performance for self and others, ensuring accurate attention to detail and consistent adherence to procedures and current standards within area of responsibility.
The Salary scale for the post is: €51,342 , €52,595, €54,062, €55,532 €57,008 €58,325, €59,668, €60,973, €62,270, €64,503 €66,742 LSIs
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job