Applications are invited from suitable, qualified and experienced persons for the position of Temporary Clerical Officer (Grade III) to form a panel for temporary contract work. The Clerical Officer will participate as an effective team member towards the efficient operation of the relevant department.
The nature of work will vary depending on the post but the role requires an individual who can make a positive contribution towards achieving group goals. Excellent communication skills are required, with the confidence and ability to deal with a variety of queries.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Terms of Appointment:
The posts are whole-time temporary posts.
The successful applicant(s) will be assigned to offices under the remit of GRETB e.g. GRETB HQ Athenry, Mervue Training Centre, Mervue, Galway City and the post holder may be moved to another area of the organisation if required.
Clerical Officer (Grade III) salary scale €27,387 – €41,501 (pro-rata per annum) or €25,353 - €41,501 (pro-rata per annum new entrants). As per DES guidelines, new appointees who are entering this grade for the first time will start at the minimum point of the scale, however incremental credit may apply, if, immediately prior to appointment the appointee is already a serving Civil or Public Servant. Rate of remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government pay policy.
Hours of work:
A 35-hour week is in operation. Hours may be adjusted from time to time under relevant Public Sector Agreements.
The Annual Leave entitlement for this post is 22 days.
Sick Leave will be in accordance with the arrangements authorised by the Minister for Education and Skills from time to time.
The appointee will report to the Head of the relevant department and will be delegated responsibility for varying functions as determined by Head of Department/Director of OSD/CE from time to time.
Main Duties of Clerical Officers within GRETB:
- Support the Manager(s) and colleagues within your department/function in order to achieve the key goals, objective and tasks;
- Data input to financial systems;
- Reconciliation of accounts and ensuring records are up-to-date and accurate;
- Provide assistance and support to assist the achievement of deadlines;
- Collate data for the preparation of reports;
- Maintain a quality customer service focus when dealing with all clients of the unit;
- Provide accurate information and respond to queries in an efficient, professional and courteous manner – in person, by phone, by correspondence;
- Efficiently operate the telephone/switchboard and distribute calls / messages (as and when requested);
- Ensure all documentation/forms are accurate and produced to a high quality;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate management information systems as related to the delivery of administrative services on behalf of GRETB;
- Attend relevant training as required from time-to-time;
- Comply with the conditions which may be prescribed in other agreements applying to the work associated with this post;
- Foster and support the development and use of ICT systems;
- Carrying out such other projects or activities as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive.
Click Apply Now to visit our careers page for more information and to apply!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job