Contract Type: Fixed Term
We have an exciting opportunity for a Therapy Assistant (Occupational Therapy & Physiotherapy) based in our Children’s Disability Network Team 11 / Under the Lead Agency Enable Ireland, Curaheen, Carrigrohane, Co Cork.
Contract Status: Fixed Term until 19th October 2021. Working 39 hours per week (0.5 Network 11 and 0.5 Physical Disability Support Pathways).
The Role: The Therapy assistant will assist in providing therapy intervention for children and families who commence services with Network 11. The post will also include working with the Physical Disability Support Pathways providing direct support and indirect administrative duties.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working in partnership with therapists, service users and families to facilitate their active involvement in development and achievement of their goals in accordance with their Individual Family Services Plan.
- Preparation for service users and the environment for therapy as requested by members of CDNT.
- Assisting the relevant clinicians during intervention sessions and group activities.
- Administration tasks to include updating access client database, typing and sending letters for clinic appointments, typing letters following medical clinics.
- Filing tasks to include collating files for service users prior to clinics.
- Phone tasks – calling clients prior to clinics to go through COVID questionnaire and to confirm appointments.
- Provision of assistance with organising, setting up of appointments and follow up after child attends.
- Attendance at appropriate meetings.
- To work in line with Enable Ireland policies and Procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Have a Health and Social Care qualification (Minimum FETAC level 5 Health Care assistant or equivalent).
- Experience as Therapy Assistant
- Excellent typing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word/Access /Excel
- Be eligible to work in the state
- To demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of disability and of the role of a physiotherapy / occupational therapy assistant.
- Have Child First training, First Aid training, Manual and personal Handling Training.
- Demonstrate how you would work in line with policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of GDPR.
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and the the relevant experience/skills required for the role
To apply please download person specification, job description and application form below and forward completed applications to:
Rachel O’Sullivan, Administration Manager, Enable Ireland, Lavanagh Centre, Curaheen, Carrigrohane, Co Cork. T12 D768 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 18th June 2021
Please note a panel may be formed for any similar vacancies which may arise during the next 12 months.
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
• The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant •
• Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview. • Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment
Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy1 for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with (1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview and (2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy (see Enable Ireland’s Information Management Policy.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job