Tooling Design Technician
The Tool Design Technician will be responsible for making or improving different types of Tooling to enable the production processes at our manufacturing facility to be as efficient as possible. This will include dies to obtain a more robust consistently produced product that meets the specification of the customer.
This role will involve working with a range of stakeholders across the plant to design, manufacture, maintain and install high specification Tooling and equipment. You will be a key stakeholder and will need to have a thorough understanding of the processes involved in creating a product together with knowledge of the various Tooling and machinery used in the manufacturing process and how to operate them.
The Tool Design Technician will:
- Support production and engineering with Tooling/technical problems
- Support Production to manage and guarantee on time availability of Tooling to ensure continuous production and increase of T.E.E.P. (Total Effective Equipment Performance)
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects.
- Provide specialist technical advice and support on all aspects of Tooling design.
- Responsible for inventory management of Tooling
- Maintain the highest levels of workmanship for all tooling activities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Time-served toolmaker with trade qualifications
- 3 + years experience in Tooling Design
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience and knowledge covering precision equipment such as lathes, milling machines, surface grinders and cylindrical grinders.
- Experience of working to high tolerances i.e. one ten thousandths of an inch
- Extensive practical experience in Solidworks
- Advanced and specialized tooling expertise, typically developed through a combination of job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience.
- Must be able to organize and prioritise tasks for self.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with all stakeholders.
In addition to the above the ideal candidate will possess a Degree in Tool Design or a relevant engineering discipline and have polymer extrusion experience.
What’s on offer…..
- Very Competitive pay
- Day shift role
- Full time, permanent job
- Health insurance contributions & free health assessments
- Pension, life assurance & tuition assistance programmes
- A chance to be part of a growing and ambitious company in Donegal
The closing date for applications is Friday the 26th of May 2023
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job