Trainee Claims Assessor – Risk Claims
Zurich Life Assurance is looking for a Trainee Claims Assessor to handle all aspects of assessment of Death, Critical Illness, Terminal Illness, Personal Accident, Hospital Cash, Surgical Cash and Income Protection Claims. To ensure that all claims are handled in a proactive, efficient and effective manner and with a strong focus on providing strong customer service when our client really need it most.
As a Trainee Claims Assessor your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Assess new claims, make recommendations for requirements to validate each claim, be able to demonstrate a good understanding of your recommendations on the claim outcome.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Risk Benefits available under Zurich’s existing portfolio of policies.
- Possess strong policy language skills enabling accurate and consistent policy wording interpretation.
- Drive cases to a timely and accurate resolution, with an absolute focus on customer service, indemnity and expense.
- Manage key internal and external relationships to ensure all key stakeholders are informed on relevant issues.
- Provide a high standard of customer service and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strive for continuous improvement on claim file handling with feedback and support through the Quality Audit processes.
- Contribute to maintenance of best practice procedures for Risk Claims, consistent with global best practice.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload and diary management.
- Ability to contribute effectively within a team environment and an ability to work with claims stakeholders to effectively direct claims strategy.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work, with the ability to respond to change and learning opportunities.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Trainee Claims Assessor your skills and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant Life Industry experience dealing with brokers and customers
- Must be accredited under the Minimum Competency Requirements
Primary work location is Blackrock. Position is Dublin-based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Zurich is one of Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand. Zurich in Ireland is part of Zurich Insurance Group, a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer a competitive compensation package and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job