Job Title within Vision Care: Trainee Operations Supervisor
External Contract: Fixed Term Contract – 23 month duration
Shift:A mixture of a Days role and 4 cycle Shift to facilitate blended learning program
Reporting to: Manufacturing Manager or Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead
An Operations Supervisor at JJVC Limerick (also referred to as a Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead (METL)) is responsible for managing a phase (multiple production lines) to ensure critical metrics are met and to ensure a consistent and effective handover to the next team/shift. As a Trainee Operations Supervisor you will get to work with the current team of METL’s in Vision Care, receive an in-depth business overview and learn the specific requirements of the role as well as upskilling in both Technical and Management best practice with a level 6 qualification from University of Limerick.
About The Company:
Vision Care Ireland is located in Castletroy, Limerick and is the producer of the world’s leading contact lens products. Our site uses the industry’s most advanced technology and directly employs over 1000 people. We produce a diverse array of contact lenses using our highly automated production process. Key to our success has been the combination of state-of-the-art material science with technologies such as precision injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and data analytics.
We have over 38 advanced production lines manufacturing over 8 million contact lenses a day, which are shipped to customers worldwide.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
- Successfully undertake all academic and on the job program elements with full active participation and strong application of learnings in the workplace setting.
- Actively engage & undertake activities from the mentorship/coaching provided by Operations supervisor(s) ( METL) throughout the traineeship program
- Demonstrate strong people leadership traits & abilities with good technical acumen.
- Undertake METL related duties in support to the METL leading and developing the shift team.
- Actively participate in multi-functional teams where projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner; always practicing good teamwork in support of operating requirements.
- Assist/Participate in problem solving / technical issues resolution
- All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have the following requirements:
- Completed Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) Grade 06 in 5 subjects with 2 of the 5 being Maths and English.
- Ability to demonstrate people leadership skills & traits
- Desire to progress or enter a people supervisory /management role
- Desire to enter medical device sector or progress with the sector
- Ability to work 12 hr shifts on a 4-cycle rotation.
- Time served in a people leader or a supervisory role
- Strong technical acumen
- Team focused
- Good Influencing Skills at all levels (supervisor/direct report)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Methodical/ Good problem solver
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
This is an opportunity to work with a ground-breaking medical device operation and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company, with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
Whether you’re one of the 1000 people who work here, or you’re considering joining the team, we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education
- Excellent Benefits
- An opportunity for you to undertake a permanent full-time role as an METL following the successful completion of this fixed term contract
Responsibilities and accountabilities will vary for all positions and the scope of individual roles may not be limited to the contents of this position description.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Limerick!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job