Due to recent rapid growth, and expected further expansion in the years ahead, a new and exciting opportunity has arisen within the Central Solutions management team for a full time Training Services Manager to manage existing training activity and lead the future development of the training practice in the coming years.
The Training Services Manager will be responsible for both the operational management and strategic development of all training activities across the company. A significant part of the role will be ongoing business development, client liaison, new programme identification and development along with the promotion and delivery of existing programmes and the further development of the operational systems and structures to support this growth.
The Training Services Manager will develop annual plans and targets with the rest of the Central Solutions management team, key stakeholder organisations (including Irish Water, SEAI, Bord Bia, University of Limerick and others) and will be responsible for the delivery of these plans and targets each year.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Central Solutions Management team to develop and implement the company’s strategy for growing the training practice in the next five years in Ireland and abroad.
• Business Development, client liaison, new programme identification and development to grow the Central Solutions training business.
• Stakeholder relationship management and new client recruitment
• Capturing market needs for new programmes and supports and translating these into new offerings
• Manage all day-to-day training activities including new programme development, existing programme delivery and ongoing growth and development of the training practice, systems and offerings
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders including steering committees, evaluators, auditors, trainers, consultants, etc.
• Manage the financial budgeting, controls and targets
• Manage the procurement and tendering processes
• Ensure detailed records of all training activities are maintained and all reporting and tracking systems are kept up to date
• Assist in the planning and organisation of schedules and facilities for current and future programmes
• Support external programme audits
• Support community of practice activities in various sectors e.g. Large Water Users CoP
• Define and support required marketing campaigns and activities in conjunction with the marketing manager
• Continuously explore new/additional sources of funding
• Actively engage with and support members and learners
• Arrange and attend meetings and coordinate stakeholder follow up
• Report the annual KPIs and financial results
Key Skills & Experience
• Preferably educated to degree level
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent knowledge of information systems including Microsoft Office, SharePoint and financial systems such as SAGE.
• Demonstrable experience in leading professional training programme provision at both strategic and operational levels including leading business development aspects.
• Understanding of university certification programmes, learning and development networks and communities of practice
• Knowledge of blended learning and online delivery approaches and programmes
• People skills – ability to manage the relationships with all key stakeholders
• Excellent leadership, influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills and the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a team environment and on one’s own initiative
• Good understanding of project budgets and financial management
• Marketing and brand awareness acumen
• Proven organization skills – ability to meet deadlines and successfully complete projects
• The role will require a flexible approach to working, and a willingness to travel to member sites across Ireland and to various related events and conferences.
• A full, clean drivers’ license and own transport is essential
• Candidates must have the ability to prioritise workloads to ensure everything is completed to the agreed standards.
We do not require the assistance of Agencies at this time.