BWG Foods owns and operates the SPAR, EUROSPAR, MACE, Londis and XL brands in the Republic of Ireland, working in partnership with independent retailers with more than 1,000 stores serving local communities right across the country. The stores serve in excess of one million shoppers every single day.
The wholesale division of BWG Foods also includes BWG Foodservice, Corrib Food Products and Heaney Meats as well as Value Centre, 4 Aces and Better Deal, our nationwide network of Cash and Carry branches.
Applications are invited for the position of Manager, Value Centre Cash & Carry, Nenagh.
Reporting to the Regional Manager the purpose of this role is to manage the Cash & Carry operation and achieve budget while ensuring the branch operates in a professional, compliant and profitable manner. This will be achieved through the effective management of operational policies & procedures, and the promotion of excellent customer-service standards and positive employee relations, in line with the BWG Compass.
- To manage and exceed branch margin and profits
- Optimise sales within the branch
- Ensure the effective execution of replenishment and stock management objectives/policies
- Ensure marketing of the branch is in line with company policy in order to optimise sales
- Minimise overheads within the branch
- Effectively manage debtors
- Ensure cash management policies and procedures are adhered to
- Actively comply and promote company policies in relation to health & safety, security, medicinal products, and HACCP
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong strategic and operational focus, with formidable management and leadership skills
- Be competent in managing existing accounts, and in the development and management of new accounts in line with Company expectations, with the support of the sales team.
- Be a results-driven achiever, with exemplary planning and organisational skills.
- Be a seasoned professional whose integrity provides for effective business relationships.
- Be a confident individual, who is committed to achieving excellence.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to effectively convey information verbally.
- Be an analytical thinker, with the ability to assess situations and identify key issues that need to be addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Have experience of the wholesale / grocery / licensed trade
- Possess strong financial acumen, with the ability to understand, and take accountability for, branch margin and profit expectations
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Tipperary!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job