ALONE support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through support coordination, befriending and support, housing with support, co-living, and the application of assistive technology. We have more than 2000 volunteers and 140 plus homes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
We have been awarded Quality Marks from Volunteer Ireland, the ISO, the Charities Regulator, and the Housing Regulatory Standard.
We are looking for a Volunteer Support Officer to support our services in Wicklow LHO, Dún Laoghaire LHO, and Dublin South East.
The Volunteer Support Officer will recruit, train, support and develop our Volunteers in their Befriending and Support role with ALONE.
- Promote ALONE’s Befriending and Support services throughout the community.
- Recruit, train, reference check and Garda vet all volunteers.
- Work with ALONE’s Service Staff to ensure that all newly trained and vetted volunteers begin activities to support older persons within the specified timeframe.
- Support and maintain good communications with volunteers.
- Be the first point of contact for volunteers when issues arise.
- Develop and implement programmes that promote the continuous improvement and engagement of volunteers.
- Cultivate a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognising volunteer efforts.
- Assist with identifying local activities / events that both older persons and their volunteers can participate in.
- Develop local volunteer leadership programme and collaborate with Volunteer Leaders to coordinate and deliver social events in your region.
- You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
Essential Skills and Background:
- The ability to work under pressure, multi-task and to resolve problems is essential.
- A full clean driver’s license and access to a car is essential.
- Previous experience in recruitment, training and engagement of staff or volunteers is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience of delivering presentations to large audiences.
- Proficient in an IT-rich environment such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce CRM.
- Previous experience of organising and running events is desirable.
- This role is 35 hours per week Monday to Sunday and these hours may be required to be worked in a variety of flexible patterns, e.g. 5 over 7 days, compressed hours or other flexible working patterns as required.
- Regular travel and remote working is required with this role with adaptable working arrangements available to facilitate this flexibility.
- A Full Drivers licence and access to a car is essential.
- Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in role.
- The salary scale offered for this position is €27,000 to €34,000, depending on experience.
Please click Apply Now to send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with ALONE, the role and your availability - Please indicate your preferred location in your cover note.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.