Post Title: Youthreach Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Adult Education Officer
Capacity: Temporary, Full-time, Maternity Leave Cover Post
Immediate Vacancy: Youthreach Centre, Letterfrack, Co. Galway.
Place of Work: Your location will be at Galway and Roscommon ETB’s Letterfrack Youthreach Service, or such other location within the ETB as determined by the Chief Executive.
Role and Responsibilities:
The role of the Youthreach Co-ordinator will be to assist in the planning, development and management of the Youthreach centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the centre, staff and learners and the delivery of up to 15 hours teaching per week in consultation with the Director of Further Education and Training and the Adult Education Officer to ensure a coordinated and integrated provision of services.
The specific duties will include but may not necessary be confined to the following:
- Direct class contact of up to 15 hours per week;
- Management and leadership of staff;
- Recruitment of students and development,delivery and monitoring of the centre programme, including curriculum,discipline, certification, guidance, counselling and other support;
- Identify, develop, plan and evaluate responses to education and training needs of learners;
- Management and co-ordination duties in line with programme guidelines;
- Work with GRETB Senior Management team to implement a Centre Development Plan and an internal centre evaluation process;
- Compliance with requirements for Whole Centre Evaluation by the Department of Education:
- Administrative duties appropriate to the post, including the establishment and maintenance of appropriate procedures for record keeping and regular reporting to GRETB Senior Management, the Department of Education and Science and SOLAS as required;
- Assessment and monitoring of student course work in line with certification requirements;
- Budgeting and financial management within the financial framework of the GRETB system in line with governance, compliance and reporting requirements;
- To ensure compliance with Child Protection guidelines and ensure issues are dealt with according to national protocols and best practice;
- Input and maintain relevant and accurate data on the Programme Learner Support System(PLSS) and the Funding Allocation Request and Reporting System (FARR) and generate reports as required by GRETB, SOLAS, DES etc.;
- Establishment of partnerships and co-operation with local schools and community, statutory and voluntary agencies;
- Liaising with the local community and other appropriate external agencies;
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief Executive/Director of FET/Adult Education Officer.
A minimum of a Level 8 (NFQ) Teaching qualification in a relevant discipline (with registered teaching subjects);
And / or
Experience of minimum 3 years delivering and managing programmes to young people at Leaving Certificate/LCA/QQI.
The person appointed will be required to demonstrate competence in the
following areas, as related to the job description:
Specialist Knowledge and Expertise:
Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in the field of adult, further education, training,
education programmes for young people, or related areas with capacity to deliver teaching subjects.
Demonstrates experience in a leadership role with vision for future development.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Demonstrates the capacity to clearly articulate views, opinions and attitudes through effective, appropriate and empathic interaction with all stakeholders in a variety of situations and contexts.
Relationship Building/Team working
Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with others both internally and externally, sharing information and knowledge as appropriate.
Organisation and Planning
Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritise the work schedule, ensuring the efficient use of all of the resources available and delivering on objectives despite multiple or conflicting demands.
Financial and Budget Management
Demonstrates the ability to allocate and manage financial resources effectively whilst ensuring policies, rules, regulations, and procedures are adhered to.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Terms of Appointment:
The post is a whole-time, temporary position. A panel may be formed from which future relevant temporary positions may be filled.
Remuneration: €42,842 - €70,648 (including 2 LSIs)
IMPORTANT NOTICE RE: SALARY: As per DES guidelines, new appointees who are entering this grade for the first time will start at the minimum point of the scale. Incremental credit may only apply, if, immediately prior to appointment, the appointee is already a serving Civil or Public Servant. Rate of remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government pay policy.
Starting Salary is not subject to negotiation.
Hours of Work:
A 35 hour week is in operation, Monday to Friday.Hours may be adjusted from time to time under relevant Public Sector Agreements.
Annual leave: The Youthreach Co-ordinator will (in addition to the usual Public and Bank Holidays) be entitled to 30 working days’ holidays in each year to be taken at a time or times convenient to the Board.
Sick Leave will be in accordance with the arrangements authorised by the Minister for Education and Skills from time to time.
How to Apply:
Completed application form must be submitted online by 12.00 p.m. Wednesday, 22nd March 2023.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday the 22nd of March 2023
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job