What is the Guinness Fund?
€1.5 million fund to provide support to bar staff and communities
Supporting licensed venues 24/7
The Guinness Fund
Guinness announces the establishment a €1.5 million fund to provide support to bar staff and communities during the COVID-19 crisis. With outlets temporarily closing their doors in Ireland, our aim is to reach as many affected bar staff as possible through the fund.
How it works
Guinness is providing 10,000 x €/£100 pre-paid Mastercards to bar staff that need them most. The fund will be open on the MyDiageo website from 10:00am April 1st and close 10:00am April 3rd 2020. We are asking our customers to play a part in the process by applying for the cards on behalf of their bar staff.
There will be high demand for the cards and we only have a limited amount to share but we will do our best to allocate as many cards per outlet as possible based on demand. Once processed, the cards will be delivered by post to customers to distribute to bar staff directly.
GUINNESS IRELAND FUND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- In order to be eligible to make an application for the support offered by this fund, on your employees’ behalf, you must be a Diageo customer, with a live Diageo ship to number in ROI and/or NI (‘Eligible Customer’).
- Guinness has pledged a fund of €1,100,000 (the ‘Guinness Ireland Fund’) to support bartenders across Ireland who have been impacted by the Covid-19 crisis (the ‘Intended Purpose’). In order to administer the Guinness Ireland Fund, Guinness will make available a total number of 10,000 x €/£100 prepaid MasterCard gift cards (the ‘Gift Cards’). It will be open to Eligible Customers to apply for a Gift Card (or Gift Cards) on behalf of their impacted employees that need this support most.
- The Gift Cards will be preloaded with €/£100 and may be used anywhere you see the Mastercard acceptance mark including in supermarkets and online.
- Eligible Customers must submit their application through the MyDiageo.com website. It will not be necessary for Eligible Customers to have registered on MyDiageo.com previously in order to apply for the Gift Cards, but you will need to provide all the required information, through the platform, in order to be considered for an allocation of Gift Card(s). The Gift Cards will be non-transferable.
- Applications will open through the MyDiageo.com platform from 1st April 2020 and close on 3rd April 2020, at 10am.
- Eligible customers may apply for any number of Gift Cards for a given outlet but may only make one application per outlet.
- The Gift Cards will be issued and allocated entirely at Diageo’s discretion, and you may not receive the total number of Gift Cards you have requested in your application.
- Once the information submitted by Eligible Customers has been reviewed and verified the Gift Cards to be issued to You, at Diageo’s discretion, on behalf of your impacted employees, and will be sent to you by post to the postal address provided.
- Diageo will aim to process applications in a timely way but it may take a number of weeks to validate and sort through the applications, and then for the Gift Cards to arrive for distribution by you amongst your bar staff.
- If successful in receiving an allocation of Gift Card(s) on behalf of your employees, you will be expected distribute the Gift Card(s) to and amongst your bar staff fairly and equitably, limiting one Gift Card per employee, prioritising and helping those most in need of support in furtherance of the Intended Purpose. If Diageo becomes aware that you have not used the Gift Card(s) for the Intended Purpose or abused the application process, Diageo will reserve the right to reclaim the sum preloaded on the Gift Card directly from You.
- You will also be responsible for documenting receipt of the Gift Cards by your employees.
- Eligible Customers who submit an application for Gift Cards consent to being contacted to take part in publicity for the Guinness Ireland Fund in future.
- Diageo reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Guinness Ireland Fund in the event of any unforeseen circumstances arising outside of its reasonable control.
- Diageo reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend the Guinness Ireland Fund in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its administration.
- The Guinness Ireland Fund and these terms are governed by the law of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- Participant outlets are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in the bartender pledge.